On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 9:05 PM, Mike Miller
<mbmiller+l at gmail.com<mbmiller%2Bl at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Jul 2010, Brian Wall wrote:
>
> > You can do *useful* things with the linux firmware, not true with
> > Linksys.
>
> Can you give some examples of the useful things people are doing with the
> DD-WRT?

Beyond the improved stability....

1) Larger number of port-forward rules - Linksys had a hard-cap of 10 rules
and I needed more than that.
2) Graphical bandwidth utilization monitoring for WAN, LAN, and WLAN.  This
functionality helped me track perceive some periodic bandwidth spikes coming
from my wireless link that were causing me issues at times.   (My wife's
iPhone - forgot the damn things have wi-fi capability and she didn't even
realize the wi-fi was on despite lamenting her battery didn't seem to be
lasting as long as usual).
3) Overall there were a lot more configuration options all over the place.

-Rob