>> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 09:25:54 -0700 (PDT),  Jeremy Olexa wrote:
>> >I didn't find stability in my linksys 54G *until* I started using
>> >alternative firmware.
>>
>> Exactly my experience
>
> Ditto.  My Linksys would basically hang and cause me to reboot it.

Tritto?

My in-laws had a WRT54G, which I returned for a replacement WRT54G,
and the problem continued.  Loaded up DD-WRT and it's been rock solid
ever since.  I have a WRT54G2, which I purchased for the sole purpose
of running DD-WRT.  I never gave the Linksys firmware any runtime, but
previous experience tells me that wouldn't have gone well.  DD-WRT has
been flawless for me.

Btw, one of my co-workers reports similar behavior in his Linksys
802.11N router, so as far as I know this type of failure continues to
plague Linksys firmware.

To the orginal poster: IMHO you're doiing a disservice to yourself and
others by running stock firmware on a WRT54GL.  I wouldn't be surpised
one bit if your problems disappear when you load up a variety of *WRT.
 Not to mention, Linksys firmware is incredibly limited in comparison.
 You can do *useful* things with the linux firmware, not true with
Linksys.

Brian