On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Florin Iucha <florin at iucha.net> wrote:

> > > email

> > > And people wear make-up and spend hours dressing up and combing their
> > > hair because it is easier than throwing on a sack?
> >
> > That's a straw-man argument, and thus an invalid refutation.
>
> I give you that is more pleasurable to for an artsy person to
> communicate by HTML where they can richly convey many nuances using
> text style and seamless inclusions of images and sound afforded by
> the medium.  But it takes more work - it is not easier.  It is more
> pleasurable for me (and Yaron) to manage my own web and e-mail server,
> but is not _easier_.

I'll give you credit for stubbornly sticking to your guns but in truth you
are going through such elaborate and obtuse misdirections that you're
really arguing against yourself.

I'm not artsy and I find typeset text easier to read - it enhances
communication.  I also find using WYSIWYG composers that
allow me to leverage type-setting functionality without programming
it by writing out the tags myself makes communication easier.
Especially when I'm composing lists or imposing structure.

> I was asking about effective uses of HTML in current business
> correspondence, as opposed to fanciful (ornate signatures
> notwithstanding).

You've been given more than enough proof points, and again are
engaging in strawman counter-tactics.  People really have been
talking about business communication, not just signatures.

But that's okay.  Watching you stubbornly cling to your position
is actually getting kind of amusing.  "They said I could play my
music at a reasonable volume...  and compose mails in plaintext...
and that's my red stapler.... I'll burn the place down."

Cheers,

-Rob