On Thu, 1 Jul 2010, Robert Nesius wrote:

> Let it be easier to communicate in plain text than HTML.
> Then everyone would want to communicate in plain text at all times.
> Not all books or emails or newspapers are written in plain text.
> In fact most aren't.
> Therefore plain text is not easier.

I think that a very long message would be easier to read if set in an
appropriate font, using italic or bold or headers when needed.  This is a
good point, I think:  We don't write books in Courier or Mono.

But again, I don't do that.  If I have a really long thing, I'll do
something else with it, probably PDF.

I also don't read HTML, not really.  I use Alpine and if someone made some
word big and red, I won't see it.  I usually don't care.  I occasionally
send the HTML attachment to Firefox from Alpine (just a click away) and
read it in Firefox, but not often.

Mike