On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 9:42 AM, Mr. MailingLists
<mailinglists at soul-dev.com> wrote:

> This made me shudder. I'm not sure of an easy way to inject drivers into
> an offline image using Linux. You have a couple of options as I see it,
> hopefully others will chime in.

Generally what you need to do is extract out the chipset drivers
(Intel? AMD?  Via?), tear apart the .inf file(s) for where things are
supposed to go, and inject the files all while hoping for the best.
Oh, and whatever you do, make a backup because you'll either be
successful or prevent the Window$ install from ever booting again.

Sounds like your biggest obstacle is the keyboard, usually they
auto-detect pretty well.  Always give the OS ~10 minutes of runtime
before declaring the keyboard as unavailable.  I've seen even on
machines of identical hardware where they USB peripherals won't light
up right away.

You might have better luck with Windows PE, as you may be able to do a
true install of the driver without all the .inf hackery.  Just a guess
though.

In reality, you may be screwed, but with enough patience and hacking
it should be possible.  Oh, did I mention MAKE A BACKUP before you
begin?

Brian