I have a customer with a laptop that has died, but the sata hard drive
is fine. We do not have another laptop with a sata controller at the
moment. I am trying to get him back up and running as quickly as
possible, and buy him sometime to pick up another laptop. Before the
laptop died completely, I made an image of the drive and copied it to
another sata drive. I then ran  sysprep on it, and popped it in a little
mini-atx box. It boots up to a desktop, but does not have the drivers to
see the USB ports (keyboard and mouse), or the nic. Is there a way to
boot to a LIVECD, and copy the drivers to the Windows system folder, so
on the next reboot it will see the hardware on the box?