On Tuesday 19 January 2010 05:16:07 pm rhubarbpie at poetworld.net wrote:
> Is there a distribution using KDE 4 that works?  Although my working
> partition uses Linux From Scratch and Fluxbox, I like testing other
> distros.  I've tried kubuntu and just loaded openSUSE-11.2.  Although
> openSUSE mostly works, KDE has been a (bad word here) disaster.
>
> KDE applications crash and settings I do successfully save revert upon
> reboot.  I don't mean to be overly cynical and my testing hasn't been
> extensive.  So, is anyone having luck with KDE 4.x and a distribution?

I have had really great luck using Arch Linux, and specifically the Chakra
Project repository of Arch.

http://www.archlinux.org/
http://chakra-project.org/

You will have to know Linux well though, this is not a hand holding distro.

--
Bret Baptist
Senior Network Administrator
bbaptist at iexposure.com
Internet Exposure, Inc.
http://www.iexposure.com
(612) 676-1946 x117

Providing Internet Services since 1995
Web Development ~ Search Engine Marketing ~ Web Analytics
Network Security ~ On Demand Tech Support ~ E-Mail Marketing