On 01/20/10 at 07:00am, Mr. B-o-B wrote:
> On 1/19/2010 5:16 PM, rhubarbpie at poetworld.net wrote:
> >
> Give Slackware 13 a try.

I tried Slack-current when it was 12 and 4.2.x did NOT work for me.
When I was on testing in Debian 4.2.x did NOT work for me.
In ArchLinux where I call it my distro of use 4.3.x does NOT work for
me.

KDE4.x looks like a clone of w7 or vice-versa. The 3.5.x series of KDE,
Flux, Xmonad, Awesome, XFCE all work for me INCLUDING ALL KDE4.x
applications with ZERO problems.

I filed a bug a long time ago but man if they can't get it right by
4.4.x almost. It's a lemon. The plasmas overwhelmingly crash, and I get
lockups like crazy. Which result in sometimes working C-M_R-E-I-S-U-B
syncs adn reboots. The blame is supposedly on Intels drivers, which I do
agree have been shaky but EVERY other WM/DE works including their own
3.5.x series with no problems. There's another argument that it's Xorg's
problem and other DE/WM fault, but again their product fails even though
we are stringent in following POSIX. PPfffffttttt is all I have to say.
Plasma and the moving window manager is a flop. Trash that part an keep
the ones that work.

VampirePenguin

If there is a question to the validity of this email please phone for validation. Proudly presented by Mutt, GNUPG, Vi/m and GNU/Linux via CopyLeft. GNU/Linux is about Freedom to compute as you want and need to, and share your work unencumbered and have others do the same with you. Key :  0xD53A8E1