TCLUG,
I had a chance to play with a live cd last night to see if I could get to
the fstab file, but it would not see my drives.
Here is what I got.
Ubuntu 9.10-64 server edition on new machine
I set up Ubuntu software raid with md0 boot, md1 as root, and md2 as swap.
I was in the process of configuring samba and rebooted.
It was hanging at a spot, which looked like the last statement in fstab.
I could control d and it would give me a command prompt.
I commented the last line in fstab and rebooted.
Now it hangs and I can not get back to a prompt to undue this part.
Tried the live cd to find the md1 drive set, but no luck.
Any thoughts???
Tom

Thomas Rieff
GreenCare