While that could work, I'm trying to keep it very simple.  I'm not too
familiar with WEBDAV but don't you need to use something outside of the
browser to transfer files?

What I envision is a browser with a simple login page, upon login the user
is shown files associated to their username and a way to upload additional
files.  Wouldn't be too hard to whip up in a "P" of my choice (I'm a PHP
hack myself) but I was hoping to find something prebuilt that did just this.