> But they seem to save the file indefinitely.  If the user downloads a PDF
> file, fills it in, prints it out and deletes it, the foo.sample.pdf.xml file
> remains, possibly forever.
>
> If I fill out a form, then I want my wife to fill out that same form using
> my account, I guess it would be tricky to figure out how to clear all of the
> fields.
>
> It's just a very weird situation, isn't it?  I can see how it would make
> more customers happy than unhappy, but it's just bad practice.  They could
> prompt the user "save form data?", or something like that when the file is
> being closed.
>
> Mike

Yea, there are all sorts of problems with the approach that they took,
when you think about it for more than 20 seconds.

They could make it vastly better simply by:
1) Asking if you want the data saved
2) Storing the file in the same folder where the PDF resides on disk,
with a name that is the same as the file names, plus some specific
extension.

At least then, you would also have a clue that their "save" does not
implement a proper PDF form save at all.

Dan