On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Dan Armbrust <
daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you have ever downloaded a form from your bank, filled it out and
> printed it (without ever clicking save) using okular - Okular just
> dumped everything you typed into a clear text file on your harddisk.
> And it never informs you of this, or gives you any choice about it.
>
> Certainly not expected behavior.

Not expected and not acceptable.  Beyond the backup-tape scenario mentioned,
there are others that could cause problems.  Part of securing your identity
and information is knowing where the information is contained.  If your box
gets owned you might just reload it and think "No big deal - I had it backed
up and I didn't have anything sensitive on my drive."  Doh.

-Rob