On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 9:28 AM, Mike Miller <mbmiller+l at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Dan.  I guess you mean that this is a kind of security/privacy
> issue, right?  What permissions does it give to that file?  Does this mean
> that someone could, conceivably, copy your Okular text file, download the
> same PDF and then see how you filled it in?
>
> Mike

Well, it's inside your user directory.  So it has whatever protections
that provides.

Personally, I keep my Tax forms inside of a true-crypt volume.  I
started filling out a form in Okular, Saved it, reopened it - was
pleasently surprised that it remembered the values I filled in.

But then I opened it in Adobe Reader, and it did not have the values I
filled in - so I knew something fishy was going on.

Then I found the data floating from the PDF form in an xml file,
outside of my truecrypt volume.

If you have ever downloaded a form from your bank, filled it out and
printed it (without ever clicking save) using okular - Okular just
dumped everything you typed into a clear text file on your harddisk.
And it never informs you of this, or gives you any choice about it.

Certainly not expected behavior.

Dan