On 02/12/2010 06:51 PM, Tom Marble wrote:
> Jon Schewe wrote:
>
>> I've got a setup with Xen using bridging. The host is OpenSUSE Linux,
>> the guest is NetBSD. I have a bridge named br0 that bridges eth0 (my
>> physical interface) and vif22.0 (the interface for the NetBSD guest). My
>> NetBSD guest sends out an IPv6 packet. If I tcpdump on the network
>> interface inside the guest, I see the packet go out. If I tcpdump on
>> vif22.0 I see the packet, if I tcpdump on br0 I see the packet. If I
>> tcpdump on eth0 I don't see the packet. This means the packet isn't
>> going on the wire and it should. This all works fine with IPv4.
>>
> Have you enabled IPv6 *completely* in the host kernel?
>
> Does the following return anything?
> % ifconfig eth0 | grep inet6

Yes and the bridge interface as an inet6 address as well.

> Is this output informative?
> % grep -E 'I(P|PV|NET)6' /boot/config-`uname -r`

CONFIG_IPV6=m
CONFIG_IPV6_PRIVACY=y
CONFIG_IPV6_ROUTER_PREF=y
CONFIG_IPV6_ROUTE_INFO=y
# CONFIG_IPV6_OPTIMISTIC_DAD is not set
CONFIG_INET6_AH=m
CONFIG_INET6_ESP=m
CONFIG_INET6_IPCOMP=m
CONFIG_IPV6_MIP6=m
CONFIG_INET6_XFRM_TUNNEL=m
CONFIG_INET6_TUNNEL=m
CONFIG_INET6_XFRM_MODE_TRANSPORT=m
CONFIG_INET6_XFRM_MODE_TUNNEL=m
CONFIG_INET6_XFRM_MODE_BEET=m
CONFIG_INET6_XFRM_MODE_ROUTEOPTIMIZATION=m
CONFIG_IPV6_SIT=m
CONFIG_IPV6_NDISC_NODETYPE=y
CONFIG_IPV6_TUNNEL=m
CONFIG_IPV6_MULTIPLE_TABLES=y
CONFIG_IPV6_SUBTREES=y
# CONFIG_IPV6_MROUTE is not set
CONFIG_IP_VS_IPV6=y
CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_IPV6=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_QUEUE=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_IPTABLES=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_MATCH_AH=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_MATCH_EUI64=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_MATCH_FRAG=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_MATCH_OPTS=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_MATCH_HL=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_MATCH_IPV6HEADER=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_MATCH_MH=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_MATCH_RT=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_TARGET_HL=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_TARGET_LOG=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_FILTER=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_TARGET_REJECT=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_MANGLE=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_RAW=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_SECURITY=m
CONFIG_BRIDGE_EBT_IP6=m
CONFIG_SLIP_MODE_SLIP6=y

> Kernel modules to consider:
> ip6tables (for module names like ip6t_*)
> iptunnel6
> ipv6
> nf_conntrack_ipv6
> sit

mn-server:~ # lsmod | egrep '(ip6|sit)'
ip6table_filter         4552  0
ip6_tables             26040  1 ip6table_filter
x_tables               29936  7
ip6_tables,ipt_LOG,ipt_MASQUERADE,iptable_nat,xt_state,xt_physdev,ip_tables

--
Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
If you see an attachment named signature.asc, this is my digital

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor
demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will
be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ
Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:38-39