Jon Schewe wrote:
> I've got a setup with Xen using bridging. The host is OpenSUSE Linux,
> the guest is NetBSD. I have a bridge named br0 that bridges eth0 (my
> physical interface) and vif22.0 (the interface for the NetBSD guest). My
> NetBSD guest sends out an IPv6 packet. If I tcpdump on the network
> interface inside the guest, I see the packet go out. If I tcpdump on
> vif22.0 I see the packet, if I tcpdump on br0 I see the packet. If I
> tcpdump on eth0 I don't see the packet. This means the packet isn't
> going on the wire and it should. This all works fine with IPv4.

Have you enabled IPv6 *completely* in the host kernel?

Does the following return anything?
% ifconfig eth0 | grep inet6

Is this output informative?
% grep -E 'I(P|PV|NET)6' /boot/config-`uname -r`

Kernel modules to consider:
ip6tables (for module names like ip6t_*)
iptunnel6
ipv6
nf_conntrack_ipv6
sit

Packages to consider for convenience
  (not required to get IPv6 pkts on eth0, names from Debian):
ipv6calc
ndisc6
netcat6
oping