On Tue, 9 Feb 2010, Justin Kremer wrote:

> Hmm, I'm seeing mixed signals here.
> What specifically about the Ubuntu live CD on the thumbdrive didn't
> work for you?  And was it just the wifi you're referring to that "just
> worked"?

WiFi on Linux has been a thorn in my side for YEARS, so to have it just
friggin WORK on Ubuntu was a big deal for me.

The Ubuntu Live CD on a USB Thumbdrive worked fine until I did a
dist-upgrade. Then it wouldn't bootup anymore. I also don't like that it
offers the live CD install options on boot-up and is, in fact, slower than
all hell. Knoppix on a thumbdrive which boots up in like two minutes.
Ubuntu takes about TEN (keep in mind I am testing this on a not-super-new
laptop). I'd also have to rip out the live CD user and create my own user,
etc, etc. I'd much rather just have a regular Ubuntu install.

And yeah, I am using the startup usb disk creator from the Ubuntu Live CD
menu.

-Yaron