On Thu, 4 Feb 2010, goodstuff9 at msn.com wrote:

> (Having said that, it is my sense that there is a lot of denial among
> Linux advocates. Most of the human race absolutely does *NOT* want to be
> bothered with the software management that goes with Linux. Microsoft
> does a much better job than any Linux distro of designing their product
> to appeal to people who want not to have to think about their computers
> at all. This is why Windows maintains its greater popularity.)

So it's not because of the anti-competitive exclusivity agreements with
Dell and others or illegal collusion with Intel?  It's not because people
like to just keep doing what they're doing and not deal with the hassle of
changing to something else?

For me, using Ubuntu isn't harder than using Win XP.  It does it's own
updates, I just have to click "yes".  Windows is like that too.  Compare
synaptic with what you go through to install a program in Windows.  How is
Windows easier?  I really don't think it is.

Mike