You know some of the story, but doesn't seem you know a whole picture of any
of this.  There are no exemptions for sole proprietors (or others) from
income taxes unless registrations and certain filings are made so you are
not actually correct.  While one may not get caught, it's not legal, and is
just as potentially incendiary as posting a job announcement somebody
considers discriminatory.  I would expect that laws about shipping goods or
tax evasion techniques apply similarly for UPS and FedEx as for USPS.  I
never suggested that you or I be consulted on this.  Suggesting tax evasion
marks your expertise in this.  I've run several businesses with over ten
years history and consulted attorneys as well as accountants: I've BTDT, can
you say the same?

Chuck