Anyone here use software RAID and use mdadm to expand an array?

I used to have a RAID0 array with two disks, and tried to grow it... only
to find you can't add devices to a RAID0 (no idea why, it seems like it'd
be the easiest!) Anyway, I had to use the two additional disks to make a
RAID5 array (by splitting them into two partitions each), copy all the
data to THAT one and then grow it using the original RAID devices.

Yeah, bit of a mess, and I eventually got the RAID5 built, let that run
for a bit to make sure it actually works, then nuked the old RAID0, split
one of the drives into partitions the same size I'm using for the RAID5
volumes, and added them to the current array.

That all went well, except when I tried to resize the filesystem,
resize2fs says it's already at maximum.

I do notice from /proc/mdstat that the array is "reshaping" (and it's
going to take forEVER) and I'm wondering if resize2fs isn't supposed to
work until that's done.

If that's NOT the case and it's supposed to be able to resize the
filesystem as soon as I've grown the array, then either somethng's wrong
or I've missed something. I've followed the Linux RAID Wiki's instructions
and have no indication of either of those though.

Anyone?

-Yaron