On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 2:23 AM,  <mn-linux.org at cyberians.net> wrote:

> My problem:  The company I work for has multiple contributors to a
> PowerPoint file which is then displayed on several informational
> monitors.  Since several people are periodically modifying the same
> file, it can occasionally get messed up.

> I am hoping someone from this group might be able to show me the light
> on making this work from a command-line.  We have Linux, Unix and
> windows - but typically it runs on XP boxes.  I would like to get it
> working on the existing platform, with insight on converting it to
> *nix in time.

Have you thought about source control?  I know it's not really
"source" per say but a CVS repo and a good CVS client could go a long
way here.  Might be more work than it's worth, given it's just one
file, but I find subversion to be quite handy for this kind of stuff.

Sharepoint uses decent source control, if you're a Microsoft shop, but
since you're using linux in all of this that may not be your best
answer.

Brian