It is all personal preference and lessons learned. In a past life, all the
Navy contractors I interacted with had at least a working knowledge of vi.
Too many times laptops would not make it through customs, lost overboard,
<insert random unforseeable circumstance>, and emacs and vim was not always
a guarentee on the high side. I have yet to run into a *nix box without vi
and too many times I have had to crank out perl scripts using only vi.
I always recommend at least working knowledge.

Simmons

This message was sent from my android phone.