Just finished entertaining out of town guests so I'll be adding my $0.02
tomorrow.

Linux is not just a technology.  Linux (the kernel) and many other pieces of
software that you all use and love every day are licensed under licenses
that protect the rights and intentions of the contributors and the users.
The Open Source community, and the projects therein, are therefore social
movements as much as they are technological advances and revolutions in
development methodologies and project management.  The Open Source world is
especially relevant in the context of market models.  People who don't think
a Linux User Group is an appropriate forum for discourse regarding such
issues are, in my humble opinion, flat out missing the point.

That said, when I see posts and threads I'm not interested in I delete them
without complaint.  I kindly suggest you do the same in the spirit of
treating threads I care about with the same respect that I treat some of the
threads you care about.

Kind regards.

-Rob