-----Original Message-----
  From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org [mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org]On Behalf Of Ryan Coleman
  Sent: Friday, August 20, 2010 10:29 AM
  To: TCLUG Mailing List
  Subject: Re: [tclug-list] [tcwug-list] WiMaxx

  Chuck:
  Exposing them?

  Did you read anything there? Or just assume that USI would have unsecured transmissions of the information?

I'm not so naive as to believe those connections are truly secure in all ways.  Harvesting the data is the problem.  Harvested data
can leak or be disclosed or stolen in many ways.  Superficial security does not insure anything when servers are attacked or break
in babbling modes, etc.  I think such systems are bad alternatives to types we already have.  My cell phone gives me internet
access, qnd is probably a much more secure pipe than any public WiMax could be, since it begins with a hardware key and adds more
keys.  WiMax may offer better data rate, but my call has more locations, and good free hotspots are still widely available when I
need better bandwidth.  For now, free hotspots are likely to be far more prevalent than public WiMax spots.  I see only downsides to
WiMax, especially if coax/fiber broadband and TV still feeds the home or business.  YMMV.

Chuck