Actually I do this all the time with the WRT ones (I know you don't need the
wireless but you don't need to turn it on) and using DD-WRT.  Works like a
charm, you can setup separate VLANs and group your ports how you want.  Not
amazing performance but what did you want for 20$?  You can go up to DD-WRT
and look in their supported router DB to see if there are any non-wireless
systems supported (BEFSR41 is not) or just make do with one with wireless.

Plus they are as common as dirt:
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/sys/1905073315.html (I'm sure if you
said 20$ cash they would take it :) )

--j