r j wrote:
> I think that the future will be wimax pirate radio. The internet is
> still young and in time it will be the same as television. Where if
> you want to watch a football game you will have to fork over 150
> dollars a season. Everything shared openly with the
> masses eventually has so many laws and rules attached to it it becomes
> useless or ineffective.Then pirate Wifi will popup. I have read
> building community wireless networks and I can envision people who
> will set up a radius network and a primary caching server connected to
> the outside(garbage internet). Do you agree? How will you stay free in
> the coming years?
> Ron

rj:  Music to my ears.  I would love to learn more about pirate wimax.
My lifelong ambition is to see low cost local wireless mesh networks in
every neighborhood and community in Minnesota, linked by wimax.  Even
without Internet access, the communities could participate in local
broadband infrastructures that could be leveraged as "markets" that
providers would have to bid to gain access to them.

What would it take to set up a radius network?
Tom