Robert,

1) Yes, but not from that machine. Other systems have not had issues
and this particular computer downloads off 8Mb cable at full throttle
in SMB over VPN, FTP, WWW and SMTP.

2) All connections are wired. CAT-5e and CAT-6 cables, used a
crossover when testing direct transfer, too, but that cable has been
lost since the the test in April (IIRC, I don't need a XO for gigabit
anyway).

I'm home sick today, and I might get the strength to get out of bed
and sit at the computer soon. RDP is available but I am not that
lazy ;-)

Thanks again,
Ryan