Hello Scott,

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 12:48:24 -0500, Scott Raun <sraun at fireopal.org> wrote:
> I had a Debian upgrade fail catastrophically.  I ended up going out
> and buying a new hard-drive, and starting over from scratch.
>
> I've got a Debian lenny up and running.  To be added features include
> getting CUPS successfully configured, and adding a webmail client.
>
> I'd like a webmail client that will access the mboxs in my home
> directory, and supports block mark-read and block move.  Other than
> that, I don't really care much.  Any suggestions?

I have been using Roundcube which I have found to be extremely robust and
extremely neat/tidy. The only thing I dont like (which may improve in the
future is a way to implement GnuPG/PGP. Very few clients do this normally
(standard feature) though. It access you mail via IMAP/s or POP. I am using
postfix+courier.

> I've got one other thing bugging me right now.  On the old system
> there was a terminal / curses maintenance tool that I used for adding
> users.  It was capable of more than that, but I never got around to
> using any of the additional functionality.  I _thought_ it was called
> linuxconf, but I can't find any hint that a program by that name ever
> existed in Debian.  Any idea what it was actually called?

I know others have brought up using usermin/virtualmin which I believe is
a great front end for system administration (which I have thoroughly played
with) but I still prefer the old-skool way of modifying config files
manually. The major reason being that I would prefer not to run two httpd
servers, and the overhead.

I have never used linuxconf so I am unable to provide any information
regarding this application.

~Andrew