On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 12:05 -0500, "Brian D. Ropers-Huilman"
<brian at ropers-huilman.net> wrote:

> It seems your asking questions about a particular solution, but it
> might not be the only (or the right) solution for your real problem.
> That may help the group better understand ways to offer advice.

Hi Brian. This is more of an exercise in getting familiar with how IPC
works between shells and tty's and also playing with the device files
for the sake of my curiosity.
The specific problem of starting X, exiting the shell and capturing
output can be solved using nohup and output redirect without accessing
the tty's but that wouldn't really teach me anything new.