On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 15:34, Isaac Atilano <aristophrenic at warpmail.net> wrote:
> Maybe this example makes more sense.
> From a remote ssh session, I want to run a command (startx) on virtual
> console 1 (/dev/tty1) of the ssh server so that the output of startx and
> X gets written to virtual console 1 and I can then exit out of the shell
> that issued the command.

Isaac, what are you _really_ trying to accomplish here? Do you simply
want to capture and save the output of the startx command? Do you want
to be able to do the startx and exit the remote shell and not kill the
startx?

It seems your asking questions about a particular solution, but it
might not be the only (or the right) solution for your real problem.
That may help the group better understand ways to offer advice.

--
Brian D. Ropers-Huilman
612.234.7778