I kept my question short because I knew it was OT, and was hoping for a
quick response from someone who knew something about VLC. Asking what
the equivalent frequency for each channel was automatically told those
familiar with VLC video capture that I was working with a TV tuner. I
found the frequency info I was looking for later in the day, which is
the same information that Matt provided today. I believe asking the
original question indicated I am not an authority on the subject, so it
should not be surprising I did not use precise, scientific terms.

Did you know a vacuum cleaner does not really vacuum?