Your responses seem quite coherent and may have actually helped him.
He asked about the VLC interface domain which is ONLY digital, and not actual analog stuff.
He had not clarified that he had a TV tuner or drivers for that, others merely guessed that part and he hasn't confirmed.
Did he ever get info for his question?  That's not clear at all.  I've tried to stick to his inquiry alone.

Chuck