Sounds like megaHertz is more appropriate than kiloHertz if it's a wireless service.  Channel numbers are associated with a
particular type of service: look up THAT spec.  Google tells me that VLC is for audio-visual media handling for various types of
digital encoding like MP3, OGG, etc.  In that case, "channels" doesn't make any sense to me.  cf
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.html  Hope this is some help.

Chuck