Can't say exactly, but you are on the right track since you got it awakened.  Now that it's awakened, there may be some dumb extra
step to make it the selected NIC option.  My WiFi and LAN connections in 6 assorted Dell models get temperamental like this now and
then, but I have learned to fiddle somehow and get things on the right track.  It's logical and simple when the info is on screen,
but trivial enough so I haven;t committed it to my memory for recitations  :-)   Rebooting is often required when things get
confused and the right physical and logical connection states are set for the fresh reboot.  Keep trying things, and reboot after
setup changes.

Chuck