I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 on AMD64 with Nvidia driver and GeForce 7600 card.

I was using two 1680x1050 monitors, but I dropped the first one and
replaced it with a DVI-to-HDMI cable to my 1920x1080 HDTV.  I'm having a
problem configuring this properly.  I want two separate X screens.  I can
only get it to work with both at 1680x1050.  In fact, if I change the HDTV
setting to be 1920x1080, it reverts to 1680x1050.  If I disable the second
monitor and use only the HDTV and tell it to use 1920x1080, if I get it to
do that (or get both X/Nvidia and the HDTV to say that's what they are
doing), a lot of the desktop is off the edges of the screen and not
visible.

There is something called Xinerama.  If I enable Xinerama, nothing works
(I think I was getting no X) and it tells me that RANDR is not available.

I would greatly appreciate any tips you can share.  Thanks.

Mike