New TCLUG Classified Ad

Category: Computer

Type of Ad: For Sale

Subject: Intellistation 6224-33U

I've got (as the title indicates) an Intellistation A Pro that I'm not doing much with anymore, and perhaps somebody else can make use of it. Similar configs (minus the goodies like the hardware RAID controller and the quad GigE card) are going for $250-$300 on eBay right now, but I'm willing to entertain offers.

Dual Opteron 248 (2.2Ghz)
Onboard IBM ServeRAID dual-channel Ultra320 controller
3GB ECC DDR400
4 10k 36 Ultra320 SCSI Drives
2 SATA ports onboard
DVD Rom
Quadro FX 1100
Intel Pro/1000 MT PCI-X quad port GigE adapter
Dell Perc4DC PCI-X dual-channel Ultra320 controller with 128MB battery backed cache (on a different PCI-X bus)

I'll throw in a couple 10k SCA drives with Compaq sleds (36GB U320), a 10k 18GB 68 pin U320 drive, a Sun Quad Fast Ethernet (4 port 10/100, 64 bit/66mhz PCI), and I think I've got a QLA2100 or two around here.

Any operating system you like. Licensed versions of Win2k3, Win2k8, XP Pro. SQL Server developer edition 2k5, VS2008/VS2005/VS2003. any distribution of Linux/OpenSolaris/*BSD (OpenSolaris is a little touchy -- acpi-user-options=0x8 needs to be passed to leave it in legacy mode, but I could certainly set it to dump that in grub.conf on every update).

400GB SATA drives (2) available for $25 each if you pick up the system.

Currently running Fedora 11 with the FC12 xendom0 kernel, but that can be changed upon request.

Seller Email address: phresus at gmail dot com

http://www.mn-linux.org/cgi-bin/classifieds/index.cgi