Hi,

I'm trying to convince certain people in our company that we need to
normalize some (maybe all) of our database to 1NF. I'm trying to avoid
situations where we need to make database schema and code updates to
add a 2nd phone number to a user in the system as an example.

They want evidence that such a database is better and that's it's not
too complicated to understand.

Does anyone have any resources or projects (oss) that I can present to
help convince them? Also looking for some examples or documentation
that would help us design our system and avoid some common problems?

Thanks,
Eric