On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 11:00 AM, Andrew S. Zbikowski<andyzib at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not to be an ass, but...
>
> While technology is great and all, it's no replacement for doing the
> simple things like rolling up the windows, locking the doors, and not
> leaving your keys in the ignition. I swear that someday I'm going to
> go over to my parent's house and drive their cars a block down the
> road just to prove a point...

Heh, depends where you live.  Where some of my former co-workers live
in Minneapolis, they finally learned after about 4 broken windows that
it is much easier to just leave the car unlocked, and with no
valuables inside.  That way, most of the miscreants won't break the
windows when they come by - they just check the car, and move on to
the next one....

What would be really cool is if you could integrate some motion
detector software into the linux system observing the camera, and then
have it take some sort of action - blast something over a loudspeaker,
turn on a water hose, aim and fire a turret mounted paintball gun,
etc.  The possibilities are endless :)