On Mon, 6 Jul 2009, Matt Hallacy wrote:

> Precisely. Stores like GNS are for the people who know what they're
> doing and occasionally need compatibility information or a quick bench
> test of components. While I have certainly seen their employees go the
> extra mile to assist someone in picking out parts for a system it's
> really not their specialty and you shouldn't complain when the geeky
> tech guy sucks at the sales droid lingo.

Was someone saying that GNS guys "suck at sales droid lingo?"  I missed
that one.  I wrote that "they can be very arrogant and rude."  Was that
claim somehow related to your message?

I'm pretty sure I've spent $10,000+ at GNS and I've recommended them to
other people, but the arrogance of certain staff is a continuing problem
for them.  It doesn't matter if it's OK with you.

I live near to GNS so I continue to shop there.  I'm not saying that
people shouldn't shop at GNS, but I am saying that the staff can be rude.
Sometimes they give bad information.  Bad information probably happens
everywhere but the rudeness is a little more characteristic of GNS and it
is a reason why many people have avoided them.  We have heard this
repeatedly on this list.  At first I defended GNS but why should I defend
them?  They can do better.

Buy the way, how do Micro Center prices compare with GNS prices for things
like RAM chips?  I live near GNS, but it isn't too unpleasant of a drive
to Micro Center, especially if I'm already at Costco.  I'll pay more for
local than for NewEgg just to be a good neighbor.

Mike