I've been running my own mail server but it looks like I may have to forgo
the pleasure of continuing with that.  How easy is it to use Gmail as the
server but continue to use Alpine, as always, on my Ubuntu box?

I have a bunch of procmail recipies to sort the incoming messages.  I
assume there is a way to use something like fetchmail to grab everthing
coming into gmail, pull it through procmail and sort it into inboxes, as
always.  Is that right?  Have you done it?

I'm wondering if Gmail's "discussion" system of organizing messages will
cause problems.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Mike