On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 09:32 -0600, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> I use vim for both static HTML pages and templates to be
> used by other code to generate dynamic pages.  (Along with pretty much
> all my other editing needs.)

+1 / me too.

I find GUIs like WYSIWYG editors to be quite helpful in learning about
markups by exploration. For instance, autocompletion of CSS attributes.
Once the possibilities are discovered and a style or pattern defined,
code can be be written (or reused!) to automate the tedious process of
generating consistent, accessible, and valid markup.

Anyone tried Screem? Looks interesting.

Eclipse also provides assistance when authoring markup.