On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 08:01:32AM -0600, Donovan wrote:
> I have yet to find a WYSIWYG editor that writes decent code.
> Dreamweaver was probably the best of these tools, but I always felt
> like once I got something so far I ended up tearing apart the code by
> hand anyway.

Yep, exactly.  From what I've seen of other people's Dreamweaver-
created pages (I don't use it myself), it seems to generate tangled
messes, too.

> As for editors, there are those that swear by Emacs or VI(M) for
> editing any type of code.

*raises hand*  I use vim for both static HTML pages and templates to be
used by other code to generate dynamic pages.  (Along with pretty much
all my other editing needs.)

--
Dave Sherohman
NomadNet, Inc.