Adam Monsen wrote:
>> Subversion in a recent (past year or so) release did something to
>> make them more Mercurial-like, I think it was to make SVN more
>> distrubted rather than a central repository. Will you be talking
>> about this?
>
> No, I'm not aware of this. I'd love to hear more, though.

It was SVN 1.5 where the change occurred, and it's covered
here:

http://subversion.tigris.org/svn_1.5_releasenotes.html#merge-tracking

If I understand right, it's marking changes with a distinct ID
(probably a GUID) instead of a change number, allowing finer
control of merging.

I've never used 1.5 and wonder if the upgrade is worth it - I
think it requires a change in data structure.