Florin Iucha wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 01:06:23PM -0600, Robert De Mars wrote:
>> I was curious if anyone knew of a good how to that explains the steps
>> for moving an existing non-raid system to a RAID 1 setup.
>>
>> The system currently has an 80G hard drive running Slackware 12.1.
>>
>> I would like to move the file system from the 80G hard drive to a RAID 1
>> setup using 2 x 500G drives, and then toss the 80G in the trash.
>>
>> If any one knows of a document(s), I would greatly appreciate it.
>
> Bob,
>
> Do you need this for the office, or for home?  (I can swing by and chat
> about it.)  Basically I would connect all three hard drives at the same
> time, boot a rescue distro from a USB/CD and copy the data, then
> adjust the mount paths, install grub and reboot.
>
> florin

This is for the office.  The box was a test machine that one day decided
to go into production.  It is now months later, and there is no going
back.

You are more than welcome to swing by anytime, but I must warn you that
our office is on the edge of the world aka Oakdale, MN.

Do I have to use GRUB, or can I do this using LILO?

Thanks,

Bob