TCLUG,

I set up a test server with Ubuntu 8.04 and installed Zimbra.
I got past the Split DNS and have it running at the cabin. Though this is
not the right spot for the server, I am on Qwest and they do not provide
SMTP mail, in fact they do not provide any mail services. I am just glad to
have DSL at the cabin. I hope to reconfigure the Zimbra box at the office
next week.
I am at the admin part of all this and am at a loss on where to go next. The
information on the net seems to stop here and assumes you know mail.
Has anyone one set this up before???
My plan or scope for deployment is to keep my ISP email, which is pop only.
They have good spam filters.
I would like to download the email from the ISP email server to the in house
Zimbra server and use it as a secondary server for all the group type
functions. Also, this would provide a storage of emails as our current ISP
does not have imap.
We would send email back to the ISP mail exchange for delivery other than
the in house emails.
Any thoughts on where to start???
Happy Holidays!!!
Tom