Donovan wrote:
> Unless you can get that thing fixed dirt cheap, you're usually better off
> just junking it and getting a new printer.  I've had good luck with
> Brother
> laser printers.  You can get one with networking built-in for as little as
> $110:
>
> http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0278901
>
> The toner cartridge it comes with is only good for about 1,000 pages but
> these have been pretty solid.  Brother has excellent Linux driver support
> as
> well.

I've had a brother HL-2170w for just under a year.  I picked it up just
after Christmas for $95.  I had an issue directly connecting it to the
network but that was probably because of a dodgy switch (which I found out
later). So I just connected it to my server. It works great and when the
toner did die, the high capacity toner (2500 pages) was in the mid $40's I
think.

--
Kathryn
http://womensfooty.com