Hello,

I just joined the list and wanted to introduce myself.  I've relocated back
to MN after a fourteen year stint on the west coast.

I grew up near Detroit Lake where I was an Apple geek since I was 5 years
old (go go Apple II!!).  My first job out of college was with Apple, where I
spent 2 years doing software configuration and release management.

Following Apple I fled from the Silicon Valley and its overpriced real
estate market to the Silicon Forest in Portland, OR, where I worked within
the part of IT @ Intel responsible for maintaining the silicon design and
validation environments.  What was a very large *NIX (AIX/HP-UX/Solaris)
environment became a GNU/Linux environment while I was there.  My role was
debugging/building/distribution Open Source tools used within the design and
validation environments world-wide (across Linux and the commercial flavors
I previously mentioned).  Quite a lot of interesting problems to solve in an
environment like that.  Along the way I traded in my Apple enthusiasm for
FOSS.

With my family mostly in MN, the advent of parenthood made the distance
between here and there seem immensely greater.  I was afforded a chance to
relocate to central MN with my in-laws, and decided to go for it.  I'm now
in the St. Cloud area, and it seems this LUG is the closest one too me.  I
was hoping for a LUG in St. Cloud/Central Minnesota - anyone else on the
list in my neck of the woods?

I'm happy to see there are some kindred spirits here in MN. :)  Nice to meet
you all!

-Rob