On Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Robert Wilkinson wrote:

> programmers/developers could create a (GNU)Linux that uses the best of
> all distributions, rather than continue the divisiveness.

Given that the code is all "free," why don't all of the distros take the
best of the others?  For example, if Slackware makes it easy to roll your
own package, why don't the others take the Slackware code for this and
make their systems do it too?

If this seems to them to be "stealing," I would suggest that they stop
worrying about their reputations and start worrying about their users.
There is a reason why we want free software, and "stealing" is at the
heart of it (maybe "sharing" is a better word for this!).

Mike