On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Matt Hallacy<poptix at poptix.net> wrote:
> If you want a solid server distribution, CentOS, RHEL maybe Slackware.
> If you want a solid desktop/laptop distribution, Fedora, or SuSE.
>
> These distributions do not allow their important packages to be managed
> by children living in mommies basement.

Of course, I don't exactly find that to be a compelling argument in
favor of CentOS, considering recent events.
http://www.centos.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=381
Just a joke, really, but I found it amusing that you included CentOS
on that list.
I have used CentOS to give myself a test environment without slapping
down money for RHN subscriptions, and I never really had issues, aside
from personal preference.
- Justin