On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 03:57:01PM -0500, Andrew Kuriger wrote:
> NetworkSolutions.com is rated #1 by the wiki
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_top_ranking_domain_registrars).

Note that the list is ordered by how many domains use them, not by how
much people like them.  NetSol is at the top of the list because they
were the first commercial registrar and held a monopoly on .com through
most of the 90s.

Today, NetSol remains one of the most, if not the most, expensive
registrar and I don't think I've ever heard anyone say good things about
their customer service.  I have dealt with them myself, and I can't say
that it was, in any way, a pleasant experience.

So, yeah.  Not recommended.

I register my domains through domainmonger.com, which is a tucows
reseller, mostly just because I liked their name back in 2000 when I
registered my first domain.  I've had no problems with them, their rates
are decent (although not the absolute cheapest), and they don't push
upsells on you.

--
Dave Sherohman
NomadNet, Inc.