I've used godaddy and register.com (I like userfriendly).
Both are okay. If you want privacy, register.com is
cheaper. If you don't (or have your own, like a PO box)
then godaddy is cheaper.

Godaddy has everything needed - DNS servers. Sure, it's
a pain, but it is cheap.

Register.com is much more clunky. Don't remember if they
have dns servers or not.